Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] restores from client not working

2012-06-26 15:12:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] restores from client not working
From: Bluejay Adametz <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:12:00 -0400
>  I'm guessing
> that some part of the NetBackup client is needing a package and the
> protocol-less NetBackup is swallowing up the message, never to be seen by
> humans.

One trick I've used is to telnet to the client on various NetBackup
ports and see if any error messages come back.

For example:
        telnet clientnode 13782
        <error message about not being able to load a library>

Or try starting various NetBackup binaries manually on the client and
see if any errors result.

                                                         - Bluejay Adametz

"The ocean is so bountiful - it spreads from coast to coast."
                                                - Joan Bayez

--

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information,