Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up SQL and Transaction logs?

2009-10-13 10:13:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up SQL and Transaction logs?
From: J.Keating AT tachi-s DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:10:36 -0400

Hello All,
I've been backing up several SQL servers for quite some time now and through re-creating a "disaster recovery" situation and reading through SAP section of the NetBackup SQL Admin guide I notice the section for backing up transaction logs.
After going through the SQL transaction log creation wizard, I verified the changes in that batch file to my original "Full" SQL batch file that I've been using.
The changes were these 2 lines:
BROWSECLIENT "CLIENT_NAME"
OBJECTTYPE TRXLOG

Am I correct to think that without these 2 lines in my batch file that a complete restore of the databases for SAP or otherwise would not happen?
Should I simply add these 2 lines to my original batch file?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
John Keating
Information Technology