Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.1 Licensing for Exchange

2009-03-20 15:24:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.1 Licensing for Exchange
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "Preston, Doug" <dpreston AT landam DOT com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:03:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Preston, Doug wrote:

> Ok I have to ask this again in here.  I have talked to 4 people at
> Symantec and none of them seem to be able to tell me.
>
> What licenses we will need to add to our NBU 6.5.1 enterprise server to
> reliably backup a clustered Exchange 2007 and restore emails at the
> email level.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug Preston

Doug,

I opened a case to ask that question.  All you need is the Exchange Agent
license on the master server, I just tried it recently and it lets you
create an Exchange-Server policy type, from there, the Exchange Agent is
included in the (client pack that we had in the installer, it did not
require anything special) but note!  We have not tried to install on a
clustered Exchange 2007 environment, this was a single exchange server,
Clustered Exchange 2007 is coming down the pipeline though!

Justin.