Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to backup to multiple drives

2009-02-19 17:06:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to backup to multiple drives
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:57:56 +0000
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 02:25:54PM -0700, Donaldson, Mark wrote:
> Sorry - bad news on this.
>
> NEW_STREAM is only good in policy include lists.

True, but it's an easy workaround.  You just run a separate bpbackup for
every stream you want.  So give each one the set of files you want.

> dferguson
>
> This will backup these two files to two seperate drives in my library.
> But I am having difficulty figuring out how to give it a file list
> instead of the individual files.
>
> for example:
> ./bpbackup -p Policy_name -s User -S NEOVTS08 -h NEOVTS08 NEW_STREAM -f
> /tmp/filelist1 NEW_STREAM -f /tmp/filelist2 -L /tmp/progresslog -w 0

Don't list NEW_STREAM, and only give one filelist.

./bpbackup -p Policy_name -s User -S NEOVTS08 -f /tmp/filelist1 -L
/tmp/progresslog1 -w 0
./bpbackup -p Policy_name -s User -S NEOVTS08 -f /tmp/filelist2 -L
/tmp/progresslog2 -w 0

Don't list -h with this form of bpbackup (the user backup form).  The
hostname is understood because you must run it on the client.

If you want to wait with -w 0, then you have to run the commands in
separate shells, otherwise they'll run sequentially.

--
Darren