Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to backup to multiple drives

2009-02-19 13:10:27
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to backup to multiple drives
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT staples DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:57:00 -0700
You got multiplexing backwards.

Multiplexing is multiple backups going to a single drive.  Your drive
transfer rate means you want a single backup  going to multiple drives.

Unfortunately, this isn't possible.

You'll need to break up your backup into multiple images and send it to
multiple drives.

Look at the NEW_STREAM keyword - one policy, multiple images.

-M