Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring from Multiplexed Backup

2008-08-01 13:36:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring from Multiplexed Backup
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: "Jeremy Finn" <jeremy.finn AT gmail DOT com>, "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:21:48 -0400

Even if it’s restoring all the filesystems simultaneously, you’ll only see one job if you only kick off one restore.  I suggest you use my for loop example, as it’s very easy to type and you don’t have to worry about the restore delay, as they’ll all be issued within a second of each other.

Also, another reason why I always did my multi-filesystem restores in a loop was that when one of them failed, you knew which one and you could just fix and rerun that one.  Doing them all in the same job makes reporting a bit muddled.

Curtis Preston | VP Data Protection
GlassHouse Technologies, Inc.

T: +1 760 710 2004 | C: +1 760 419 5838 | F: +1 760 710 2009
cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com | www.glasshouse.com