Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Probably A Stupid Question

2008-07-03 12:19:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Probably A Stupid Question
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Karen Exline" <kexline AT sph.emory DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:56:23 -0400
You should be able to determine if the binary is for your OS simply by
typing "file <binary name>".  It should give some information as to the
type of executable it is OR it will tell you something that isn't a type
of executable (usually "data", maybe awk, pascal or something else if it
is really confused by it).   If it shows it is an executable then it
should be correct for your chipset - if it doesn't then you've likely
nailed the issue.