Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU & Aptare - Real World Benefits

2007-03-20 14:55:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU & Aptare - Real World Benefits
From: pmcdougal at Calamos.com (Philip McDougal)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:55:42 -0500
Greg, I'm trying to convince my management to purchase it as well.

Besides all the benefits of the visual dashboard and the daily reports
on utilization (Media Servers and tape drives), SLAs, Missing and
Suspect client backups; I am using custom reports to email our
compliance department of our daily job summaries.  In this report, there
is a Notes field added to the report that includes the Notes I add to a
JobID that either fails, retries or partially succeeds.

Overall, I love the ease of creating so many reports that give me a
better picture of what my backup environment is doing.

Phil.