Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU & Aptare - Real World Benefits

2007-03-19 22:49:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU & Aptare - Real World Benefits
From: SJACOBSO at novell.com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:49:50 -0600
To those NBU Aptare users:

I'm already convinced of the vendor preference for Aptare as the third party
NetBackup reporting tool alternative, what I'd like to know is the real world
experiences for this tool and reports the can be generated and realized in
terms of:

1. Cost management.
2. Process management (scheduling).
3. Capacity management (of which there are many. ie. tape utilization, pool
utilization etc.)
4. Forecasting (predicative analysis with thresholds etc.)

or anything else that has helped in terms of proficiency, driving down costs
and/or other economic benefits since having installed it into an enterprise
environment.

I can get the "sales" pitch answers from Aptare directly, but I'm more
interested in this forum's real world experiences.

A timely response would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Scott

PS: Environment - W2K/W2K3 Master