Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (46) server not allowed

2007-03-19 14:27:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (46) server not allowed
From: goodbloke at gmail.com (Ian )
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:27:37 +0100
Hi Bevan,

Sounds like the Netbackup server is not set on the client. If it was a
UNIX client I'd say check the bp.conf file for the SERVER setting, but
for a Windows client I believe this is set in the registry and is
usually done at install time.

For the registry stuff I don't know exactly the location, but if you
run regedit on the Windows client and do a search (F3) and search for
the string SERVER using match case.
It will be under the LOCAL/SOFTWARE branch called VERITAS, if you can
find that then search from there. Check the registry leaves called
SERVER and/or MEDIA_SERVER. The SERVER one should be set to the
hostname of the Netbackup server. I suspect one of these is incorrect.

Maybe before you do this make sure that the Netbackup server hostname
and IP address can be correctly resolved from the client.

Hope this helps.

Ian