Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrating a media server, HOWTO?

2007-03-19 14:35:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrating a media server, HOWTO?
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:35:56 -0400 (EDT)
With 5.1,

You can pretty much tar openv and build out a new system with the same
settings and untar it back where it was, no issues.

Does anything change under 6.0?

I'd (PRESUME?) you could do the same thing as long as you install ICS
services/etc and set it up the same way first?

Or is there some sort of UUID attached to each install of a particular
media server?

Has anyone taken a 6.0 media server on one box and since it had to be
released, you 'migrate' it to newer hardware with the same settings?

Does anything special need to be done?  I have done this on numerous
occasions with 5.1, but not 6.0.

Justin.