Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade/Migrate master server from 5.0/Linux to 6.0/Solaris

2007-03-07 16:53:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade/Migrate master server from 5.0/Linux to 6.0/Solaris
From: unixlifebox at gmail.com (Rongsheng Fang)
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:53:02 -0500
Some said that the catalog format was compatible between 5.x and 6.0,
and some said it's not. Can somebody confirm this?

Here is my thoughts:

1) if the catalog format is compatible between 5.x and 6.0, then I'll
just copy /usr/openv/netbackup/db and /usr/openv/volmgr/database from
the old Linux master to the new Solaris server.

2) if the catalog format is not compatible between 5.x and 6.0, then
I'll upgrade the current 5.x Linux master to 6.0, then copy everything
from /usr/openv/netbackup/db and /usr/openv/volmgr/database to the new
Solaris mater running 6.0.

Any problems there?

Thanks,

Rongsheng