Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status Error 96

2007-02-23 11:01:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status Error 96
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:01:41 -0500
HCART2 does not "equal" LTO2.

HCART is just an abbreviation for "1/2 inch cartridge"

the 1, 2, and 3 is just to differentiate between different media formats
in your library.

In my environment, since I don't have any LTO3 media, but ALL  LTO2
media, and my drives are a mix of LTO2 and LTO3, I have everything
configured as HCART2, however you could just as easily configure DLTs or
any other media type as one of the HCARTs. You just need to be sure that
the media and the drive it is intended to be mounted in are configured
as the same type.

Status 96 errors would only be indirectly related to this.

If you have drives of different types and media for each drive, you must
have sufficient scratch media for both formats.

ie, if all of your drives are configured as HCART3, and all of your
available scratch media is HCART2, you will get 96s.

Paul