Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] possible data loss w/HP and AIX media servers

2007-02-23 10:27:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] possible data loss w/HP and AIX media servers
From: StumpB at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:27:04 -0500
This looks like it could get nasty. I am in the process of identifying
and patching my media servers. I already touched the file
/usr/openv/volmgr/database/NO_LOCATEBLOCK Has anyone downloaded and ran
the utility that has been made available to check the database
continuity?

A rare data loss condition exists for HP-UX, AIX and SGI media servers
running NetBackup 4.5, 5.0, 5.1, and 6.0 where the last valid backup
image on tape is overwritten by an empty backup header due to a failed
backup job
http://support.veritas.com/docs/287287