Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB6 - Loading tape into different media server than where it was created...

2007-02-23 09:48:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB6 - Loading tape into different media server than where it was created...
From: mlv03 at healthresearch.org (Mike L. Varney)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:48:47 -0500
I have NB6 MP4 on Solaris.

In the past (NB5.0), when I wanted to load a tape created in one media
server's robot and load it into a standalone drive on another media
server, I had to run a "bpmedia" command in order move the media from one
server's mediaDB to the other's.  Then the tape would be able to be
accessed.

I'm led to believe that this is no longer necessary due to the NB6's
scheme of having the media DB centralized on the master server.  However,
when I try to run a restore, here's my log:

02/23/2007 09:36:17 - begin Restore
02/23/2007 09:36:22 - number of images required: 1
02/23/2007 09:36:23 - media needed: HRI153
02/23/2007 09:36:31 - restoring from image kronos_1165795338
02/23/2007 09:36:36 - requesting resource HRI153
02/23/2007 09:36:37 - awaiting resource HRI153.
          A pending request has been generated for this resource request.
          Operator action may be required. Pending Action: No action,
          Media ID: HRI153, Barcode: HRI153, Density: dlt, Access Mode:
Read,
          Action Drive Name: N/A, Action Media Server: N/A, Robot
Type(Number): 0(N/A),
          Volume Group: ---, Action Acs: N/A, Action Lsm: N/A

I know the server's able to detect that it has the tape loaded, as before
I put the media into the standalone drive, the job would stop after the
3rd line above.  So, based on the fact that the job continues past that,
that it knows the tape has been loded in "somewhere".  However, this
restore job will eventually time out, never getting past the point shown
above.

I've done searches on the term "pending request" and have come up empty.
Anyone have a quick clue they can toss my way?  I'm sure this is a simple
situation to resolve.

-- Mike Varney / HRI