Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1 mp6

2007-02-23 07:58:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.1 mp6
From: bwindle at wlgore.com (Bobby R Windle)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 07:58:29 -0500
I need to apply this patch Symantec service request number 916932. Why do
I not see it on symantec site? Any ideas?

Veritas NetBackup 5.1 MP6 Critical Patch
There is a known issue with NetBackup 5.1 MP6 that prevents APTARE
StorageConsole from collecting some critical backup data. Below is an
overview of the symptoms and the solution.
Symptom: When upgrading to NetBackup 5.1 MP6 backups show nothing for
MBytes, MBytes/sec and number of Files in the "Backup & Restore Jobs"
report. The "Server Consumption Summary" report is also missing all of the
Mbytes backed up information.
Cause: Deployment of NetBackup Maintenance Pack 6 causes dates in the try
record to be truncated. The incorrect data is then written to the Aptare
database, causing backup data to display MBytes as 0.
Solution: Symantec has identified this issue as a bug in NBU 5.1 MP6. They
have created a patch which should correct the problem. Please contact
Symantec Product Support and refer to Symantec service request number
916932 before installing this maintenance pack.

Bobby Windle ( Data backup & Recovery )
W.L. Gore & associates, Inc.
bwindle at wlgore.com
cell : (302) 588-7374 (preferred)