Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpstart_notify and bpend_notify behavior

2007-02-01 21:06:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpstart_notify and bpend_notify behavior
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 20:06:22 -0600
On 2/1/2007 11:05 AM, Ellis, Jason wrote:
> According to the documentation of the bpstart_notify script the %5
> variable is the status of the backup job, which is always a 0. However,
> could this indicate a 134 if the job was re-queued? I need to have my
> script basically check against that to ensure it doesn?t fail if the job
> re-queues.

You probably can't check for a 134 since that's not a *final* status
code - it's in intermediate code and the job hasn't finished.  Also, in
6.0, the 134s have gone away - the scheduler is much smarter than it was
before and won't start a job that doesn't have the resources to actually
run.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA