Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpstart_notify and bpend_notify behavior

2007-02-01 12:05:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpstart_notify and bpend_notify behavior
From: Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com (Ellis, Jason)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:05:32 -0800
What is the behavior of the bpstart_notify and bpend_notify scripts
should a job be re-queued? It looks like according to my script logs it
never calls the bpend_notify script (which makes sense), but simply
re-calls the bpstart_notify script.

According to the documentation of the bpstart_notify script the %5
variable is the status of the backup job, which is always a 0. However,
could this indicate a 134 if the job was re-queued? I need to have my
script basically check against that to ensure it doesn't fail if the job
re-queues.

Secondly, is the bpend_notify script be called even if the
bpstart_notify script exits with a non-zero status?

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Data Protection Team
IndyMac Bank, La Mirada Datacenter
Phone: (714) 520-3414
Mobile: (714) 889-8734