Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Yet another bpstart/bpend script question

2007-01-24 00:12:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Yet another bpstart/bpend script question
From: jayanth at apara.com (Jayanth)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:42:55 +0530
Thanks Jasan...if you could try giving a path in the 1st backup stream to be
very small like in KBs and that stream need not be part of the DB, could be
part of File System. That way you could ensure that the 1st stream is
completed much before the other streams. Not sure if this would work but I
am just thinking loud.

For the Exhange cluster server, once the backup job fails because of a
cluster failover or any other error, a mail alert is sent but most of the
time this happens during the night and the backup admins are all at home,
they would come in to office in the morning and restart the job and the
backup would happen during production hours.

So, what we are trying to figure out is: is it possible to detect the
cluster failover and restart the backup job so the backup is done before
production starts...I know this is a weird wish list but just checking if
anybody has tried it before or has some clues on how we could achieve this.

Cheers...Jayanth