Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Yet another bpstart/bpend script question

2007-01-18 19:25:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Yet another bpstart/bpend script question
From: Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com (Ellis, Jason)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:25:58 -0800
For Windows 2000 and NT clients the bpstart_notify and bpend_notify
scripts have the following environmental variables:

STREAM_NUMBER
STREAM_COUNT

STREAM_PID

I created a quick and dirty bpstart_notify script to try and capture
these, however I didn't get anything. How are these variables used?

I really need to capture the STREAM_NUMBER if possible to help mitigate
a job with multiple data streams. My idea is to use lock files to
prevent the bpstart_notify from running once one stream has already
started, and the bpend_notify script from kicking off until the last
stream has completed.

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Data Protection Team
IndyMac Bank, La Mirada Datacenter
Phone: (714) 520-3414
Mobile: (714) 889-8734