Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6 MySQL backup

2007-01-24 00:55:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6 MySQL backup
From: cpreston at glasshouse.com (Curtis Preston)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:55:17 -0500
I would agree with Ed.  The best way is usually to do a dump to disk,
then back up the disk.  There are other options depending on which
storage engine you're using.

I know it's a shameless plug, but there is a MySQL backup chapter in my
book:
http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/0596102461

Just started shipping a few weeks ago.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Author of O'Reilly's Backup & Recovery and Using SANs and NAS
VP Data Protection
GlassHouse Technologies