Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recognise Media from NBU

2006-11-08 13:41:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recognise Media from NBU
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 10:41:06 -0800 (PST)
> One of our libraries has over 40 tapes taken out each and every month to be
> stored in a safe.
>
> Trouble is, it is a time consuming process to label each tape (not that I
> mind too much!).

But they do or don't have barcodes?  What type of label do you put on
the tape?

> Anyhow, is there an EASY method or way to tell What data is on a tape via a
> command line without the need to load the single tape into the library?
>
> I could go through tapes one by one, but is there an easier method I am
> overlooking?

I'm not sure I understand what information you want.

What information goes on your labels?  Many sites just track all tapes
by barcode.

There's lots of information to gather on the command line, but I
wouldn't normally put it on the tape itself.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com