Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]

2006-04-26 12:56:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]
From: JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:56:17 -0400
Sorry to call you on this one, but you CAN have multiple retentions on
one tape.  Under your Master Server Properties / MEDIA there is a "Allow
Multiple Retentions Per Media" check box which I am forced to use.  I've
got 4 sites without robots that use Netbackup to write 2 week, 3 month
and 1 year retention data to and without this I'd be up the creek!

I'm not sure who shelled out the big bucks for Netbackup for a site with
no robot, but that's another debate entirely! =P

-Jonathan