Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]

2006-04-26 11:25:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:25:54 +0100
Alex

In response....

1. You say tapes with errors will be moved to the "none" pool. I was under
the
   impression they would be 'frozen' and left in their orginating Volume
Pool ?
   Can you please clarify what you mean by this.
ABSWER: Bob, can you explain this to me too :-) Because I have never seen
tapes move to NONE pool myself.

2. What is the "DataStore" Pool actually designed to be used for ?
ANSWER: I believe this is used for Datastore specific volumes. Again, not
used this!

3. You mention that cleaning tapes would go into the "None" pool. I was
origally
    thinking of creating a "CLN" pool. Bad idea ?
ANSWER: NONE Pool is what I use with a Barcode Rule of CLN

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-eads DOT net