Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]

2006-04-26 17:15:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]
From: Richard.Mansell AT ccc.govt DOT nz (Mansell, Richard)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:15:40 +1200

Just to clarify the situation NetBackup doesn't mix retention levels by
default, not retention periods.

We have two different retention levels both with a 10 day retention
period, one is for weekly backups and one is for quarterly. The reason
we do this is so that we can use the 'use mappings' option in the vault
to remap the retention period for the weeklies to be 12 weeks and the
retention period for the quarterlies to be infinite (mapping is done by
retention level).

Even though they both have a retention period of 10 days the backups go
to different tapes in the same tape pool because the retention level is
different.

The same thing happens in the vault - we get a different tape for each
retention level.

Regards

Richard

This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch
City Council.

If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the
sender and delete.

Christchurch City Council
http://www.ccc.govt.nz