Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]

2006-04-26 12:26:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:26:05 +0100
I know exactly how it works im afraid and was posing the question to
people who use 1 tape pool.

What about mixed retentions?

To explain further i meant what about having different retentions on the
same media which you would need to turn on in order to have full backups
incremental etc to use the same tape pool and have different retentions.
This to me is a bit surprising that someone would do it so i posed the
question.