Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore of Windows to different hardware

2005-05-12 11:10:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore of Windows to different hardware
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:10:30 -0400

What???
We had BMR running in our lab for a month or so.....Windows restores
took about 4 reboots, minimum.
They were all automatic, but the client still rebooted.

Also restores need to be to the same hardware. We had problems restoring
a DL360 backup to a DL380 G4.

> It made me really wonder why we hadn't bought it here,
> especially considering how cheap it is.

We demoed it to the Windows and Unix support groups and neither thought
it provided any added value.
Both groups jumpstart machines off the network, including the NBU
client, then we do the restore, they reboot once, and everything is
cool.

Paul