Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU vs Omniback

2003-02-21 08:14:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU vs Omniback
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:14:20 -0500
Unfortunately, the reason below is still the case with Netbackup, but
then, it's getting harder all the time to find anyone who fully supports
netware any more. I've had problems with Netbackup and Netware for the
whole three years we've been using it.
Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "Muscat, Tyrone J." <MUSCATTJ AT wattsind DOT com> 2/20/03 8:10:45 PM >>>
We are in the process of converting from HP Data Protector to Netbackup
4.5. We have been using Omniback since version 3.0.
Reasons for converting:

Lack of strong Novell Netware support and certification.

Current environment consists of about a dozen machines with full
backup
about600GB:
HP-UX, Windows NT/2000, Exchange 5.5, and Novell 6.0.