Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Classes don't start

2002-04-19 11:43:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Classes don't start
From: ron AT linux DOT ca (Ron Lyman)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:43:46 -0400 (EDT)
We are running NetBackup BusinesServer 3.4 (patched to 3.4.1GA) on Windows NT.
The one server takes care of all NetBackup services and has drives directly
attached, and the only client being backed up is a Win2K Server file share.

I have recently combined several classes into one.  The only difference between
original 4 daily classes was the schedule.  The new unified class has schedules
for MON, TUE, WED, THU, with appropriate media pools defined (overridden).

This worked fine for about a week.  Now the class will not run at all
automatically.  There is no entry in the status window, and I don't see much in
the reports, except this:

2002/04/19      00:49:30        okboneyard      bpexpdate       Error   Could
not update media list, file read failed

The class should have started at 00:00:00, so I'm not sure this error is
related.

2002/04/18      23:59:28        okboneyard              Info    scheduler found
no backups due to run
2002/04/19      00:00:01        okboneyard              Info
****************
GOOD MORNING ****************
2002/04/19      00:09:28        okboneyard              Info    scheduler found
no backups due to run

Right now, I would like any hints for where to look for more information, or
any
potential gotchas with the multi-schedule class.  FWIW, a manual launch of the
class works just fine.

Thanks,
Ron Lyman
Network Support