Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Classes don't start

2002-04-19 11:56:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Classes don't start
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:56:05 -0500
I would create /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpdbm and start reviewing what is
really happening in there (add VERBOSE to your bp.conf file or set it to yes
in your NT registry.

Then I would run from the command line, c:\Program
Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpschedreq -predict $TODAYSDATE -L

This will query the db to see what jobs are supposed to run between the
DATE/TIME you gave it through midnight of that DATE.

if it doesn't come back with anything...check the bpdbm log out to see what
it happening...I'd also look at the permissions on the the mediaDB file
located in %NBHOME%\netbackup\db\media\, because that bpexpdate error
message would have me concerned.

CAVEAT:

When you have completed your testing with this log and would like to remove
the logging directory, you will have to terminate the bpdbm process,
bpdbm -terminate, the remove /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpdbm, and finally
initbpdbm to restart the daemon.

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com