Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] off-site backups

2002-04-18 13:16:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] off-site backups
From: PWinkeler AT officemax DOT com (Winkeler, Paul)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:16:21 -0400
Mark,

Right you are there!  I have some Perl code that will pull the file list for
an image so I can tie it all together.  So, in theory anyway, I could figure
out on the fly which of the image corresponds to which of the drives.  But
as I heard one of my professors state once:
    "In theory, the difference between theory and practice is a lot smaller
than in practice!"
Let me know if anyone wants to pursue this path.  I've got to believe, given
the speed with which NT systems get backed up, that this would still be
faster than backing the same drive up twice, no?

 PaulW