Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] off-site backups

2002-04-18 11:27:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] off-site backups
From: dave.markham AT icl DOT net (David Markham)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:27:04 +0100
I create a DR class and a Server class . Its quite complex, but simply say i
do this

Server_Class

machine 1               backs up c: d: e: f:
machine 2               backs up c: d: e: f:
machine 3               backs up c: d: e: f:

DR_Class

machine2                backs up d: e:
machine3                backs up e: g:

As i have 4 drives i can spread these over and then i jsut removed the
DR_class tapes for off site storage.

I have scripts which tell me which tapes to take out.

May be a step to go down

Dave