Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Do media Servers hold any databases themselves?

2002-04-16 09:18:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Do media Servers hold any databases themselves?
From: david AT dsihost-srv01 DOT com (david AT dsihost-srv01 DOT com)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:18:41 -0400
also /usr/openv/netbackup/db/media

This tracks all of the tape that this media server "knows about" and it
only "knows about" them after it has written a backup image to them.  Therefore
when all of the images on that tape expire it is "removed" from the db and the
media server no longer "knows about" that particular tape from a NetBackup
perspective.

ie. bpmedialist -ev $MEDIAID -h $MEDIASRVR

/usr/openv/volmgr/database

contains your physical configurations and if this is your master (best
practice), it will also contain the volDB.

David