Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO problems with Solaris 2.6 and 2.8

2002-02-19 14:00:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO problems with Solaris 2.6 and 2.8
From: kevin.v.vapiwala AT ssmb DOT com (Vapiwala, Kevin V [IT])
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:00:01 -0500
Guru's,

I'm having trouble getting SSO backups to work on Solaris machines with
tapes on the SAN. Here's the setup:

One Unix Master Server, attached to STK L700
Two Solaris media servers 2.8 and 2.6
Win2k Media server.

The Win2k server backups up fine he can see an SDLT drive and a 9940 on the
SAN. The 2.6 machine sees 2 SDLT drives on the SAN. The 2.8 machine sees a
9940 Driver on the SAN. When I try to run the backup it gets to a point
where it tries to mount the tape and puts the tape in the drive, but after
that , nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Kevin Vapiwala