Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] testing full restores

2002-02-19 13:52:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] testing full restores
From: morms AT es DOT com (morms AT es DOT com)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:52:55 -0700
Lee Anne,

I have just recently finished disaster recovery testing on a separate network.
Just as you are suggesting:  I rebuilt the Win2k master server and recovered
the Netbackup database and configuration, and then each client.  It worked
nicely.

Hardware did not match the original for any of the systems, nor were IP
addresses the same.  In one case,  I recovered from a multi-processor Compaq
server to a single processor gateway pc (without restoring the entire system
state, of course).
If you are going to restore the entire system to a dissimilar server (& I did
not use IDR),  I found it best to restore the C drive, reboot, and then restore
the system state and reboot.

Regards,
Melinda Orms