Networker

Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] Q about automatically labeling tape based on barcode

2013-09-13 10:19:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] Q about automatically labeling tape based on barcode
From: FAIDHERBE Thierry <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:11:44 +0000
It would not be a problem even if volume does not match barcode.
Have a try : load barcode ABC001 on a volume, label it. In media db,
volume label=ABC001, BARCODE=ABC001.
Now, change barcode ABC001 to BCD002.
Inventory slot. (even with nsrjb -IIEv)
Networker will detect BCD002 is not known in media db and will display
BCD002 and volume name as "*" in nsrjb's output.
Inventory slot, it will mount the tape and adapt
VOLUME=ABC001 BARCODE=BCD002.

If Tape is required for recovery, it will ask "Waiting VOLUME ABC001...."
until tape is correctly inventoried, whatever the barcode may be...

Cheers

TH