Networker

[Networker] SV: [Networker] Q about automatically labeling tape based on barcode

2013-09-13 03:06:59
Subject: [Networker] SV: [Networker] Q about automatically labeling tape based on barcode
From: Tony Albers <Tony.Albers AT PROACT DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 07:03:57 +0000
Hi Michael,

AFAIK you can't choose to only label "some" tapes in the library when using
auto-labeling. If some of the barcodes are unreadable, you will run into errors.

What you could do, is partition your library and then set one up with
auto-labeling and have the other one use all the old tapes using the old
standards.

You could of course also consider staging all savesets from all the old tapes
to new tapes with correct barcodes, but that might involve quite a lot of work
;)

/tony