Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovering a NW 7.6.2.1 client from a NW 8.0.1 server

2013-08-22 10:45:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovering a NW 7.6.2.1 client from a NW 8.0.1 server
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:37:34 -0400
> Michael,
>
> Sure, the restore should work fine, but I am not sure I understand
> your question. Why not just do the restore? Then you will know if it
> succeeds or not. Or am I missing something?
>
> Please report back to the list with your results. Good luck.

I am waiting for the tapes to be delivered from offsite, which won't get
here until this afternoon. At the moment, I am rebuilding the machine -
still in the OS + Service Pack reinstall phase. If there was something I
needed to do differently from what I outlined below, it would be better to
know in advance, rather than waste time on a restore procedure that is
missing a step, etc.