Networker

Re: [Networker] networker server as VM

2013-06-19 16:33:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] networker server as VM
From: "Stanley R. Horwitz" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:27:25 +0000
Dave,

Does EMC support deploying NetWorker in a virtual server environment? With the
heavy network bandwidth that backups typically require, as well as high
processor load, I couldn’t imagine virtualizing a backup server in any
environment where there are more than just a few backup clients. It also seems
to me that hosting a virtualized backup server in the same VMware complex that
is being backed up amounts to putting all of one’s eggs in a single basket.
What happens if the ESX server that host’s the NetWorker server crashes, or its
storage crashes?

On Jun 19, 2013, at 2:10 PM, <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM<mailto:dave2