Networker

Re: [Networker] networker server as VM

2013-06-19 16:41:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] networker server as VM
From: Matthew Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:35:02 +0000
I am in the process of setting up a virtual Linux server as a Legato backup
server with power edition/storage node installed on it. I am going to write
over NFS to a SAM/QFS file system so it will never see tape. It will only have
a limitless disk space. The SAM/QFS file system will take care of the two tape
copies for me. I have been using SAM/QFS with my standalone backup servers for
some time now with no issues. Will let you know how the virtual backup server
goes once I get it going. It is completely supported by EMC as I was told this
year at EMC world that Networker can run on a VM with no issues.

Matt Powell
mtpowel AT clemson DOT edu
864-656-0589 (Office)
864-247-2823 (Cell)
Storage Administrator
Clemson Computing and Information Technology