Networker

Re: [Networker] savepnpc that alters the list of filesystems?

2013-02-06 18:30:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] savepnpc that alters the list of filesystems?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 17:29:38 -0600
In regard to: Re: [Networker] savepnpc that alters the list of...:

NetWorker gets the list of file systems from /etc/fstab on Linux systems
when the backup begins (precmd). In order to accomplish what you want,
you need to explicitly list out the file systems in the client resource
rather than using "All."

I actually misspoke in my earlier description.  The snapshot mount is
actually *always* present in /etc/fstab:

/dev/sanvg2/bbcontent_snap      /bbsnap  ext4 defaults,noatime,noauto 1 2

The savepnpc precmd is *not* adding that.  It's just generating the
snapshot and mounting it on /bbsnap.  The savepncp postcmd unmounts it
and removes the snapshot, but leaves the entry in /etc/fstab.

We did it that way because we thought that would make it easier with
NetWorker, but as we discovered, the "All" saveset still is not including
/bbsnap among the list.

We're guessing that's either happening because of the ",noauto" on the
mount options, which is pretty much required for this scenario, or because
the client may actually be looking at /proc/mounts too and discovering
that even though there's an ext4 filesystem mentioned in /etc/fstab, it's
not (yet) mounted on /bbsnap.

Tim

On Feb 6, 2013, at 3:58 PM, Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>