Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC has stopped working

2013-02-04 04:54:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC has stopped working
From: Lars Hecking <lqh AT CYPRESS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 09:54:28 +0000
Yaron Zabary writes:
>   When NMC (lgtonmc) is installed on a RH6 machine it will run for a
> few weeks and then stop. Sometimes a restart of gst can fix the
> problems, but this is not a supported configuration.

Well, it ran for about 6 months or so here ...

I've now installed nmc on a CentOS 5.9 machine and still can't get it
to work :-(

When I launch javaws.jnlp, I get a popup

Application Error
Security Exception
Name: NetWorker Management Console
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: socket

After clicking ok: Unable to contact the Console server. The server may still
be initializing. Please try again later.

I can see three lgtonmc httpd processes running, and according netstat, httpd
is listening on port 9000, and gst on port 9001.