Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC has stopped working

2013-02-04 05:06:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC has stopped working
From: Riku Valli <riku.valli AT UTA DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 12:06:26 +0200
On 02/04/2013 11:54 AM, Lars Hecking wrote:
> Yaron Zabary writes:
>>   When NMC (lgtonmc) is installed on a RH6 machine it will run for a
>> few weeks and then stop. Sometimes a restart of gst can fix the
>> problems, but this is not a supported configuration.
>
> Well, it ran for about 6 months or so here ...
>
> I've now installed nmc on a CentOS 5.9 machine and still can't get it
> to work :-(
>
> When I launch javaws.jnlp, I get a popup
>
> Application Error
> Security Exception
> Name: NetWorker Management Console
> java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: socket
>
> After clicking ok: Unable to contact the Console server. The server may still
> be initializing. Please try again later.
>
> I can see three lgtonmc httpd processes running, and according netstat, httpd
> is listening on port 9000, and gst on port 9001.

Sometimes i got a similar problem. What i did.

service gst stop
1. Shutdown NMC server (ensure that gstd is not running)
2. Go to <NMC install dir>/cst
3. Remove the following files - csp.clb, csp.clb.bak, Config.xml
4. Copy Config.xml.template to Config.xml
5. Start NMC server
service gst start

Symptom NMC start and all the ports listen, but when you tried log in.
Gst died.
Check httpd also, sometimes gst stop can't stop httpd.

Regards, Riku