Networker

[Networker] NW server RHEL4 32bit to RHEL5 64 bit upgrade

2011-09-28 10:15:52
Subject: [Networker] NW server RHEL4 32bit to RHEL5 64 bit upgrade
From: Greg Etling <getling AT STERN.NYU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:13:28 -0400
After searching my mail archives from this list and coming up empty, I wanted
to see if anyone has done a 32->64bit RHEL migration by moving the /nsr/res,
/nsr/mm, and /nsr/index folders in the same way others have done the move on
Windows?

I have done this procedure successfully before, but only across physical
servers with the same versions, never changing bitness or major OS versions
(Networker version will stay the same). So I'm mainly looking for people who
have a 'yeah I did this, and it worked fine,' a 'ran into some gotchas,
here's what they are' or a 'don't try it, go the DR restore route' answer for
me.

Thanks,
Greg