Networker

Re: [Networker] NW server RHEL4 32bit to RHEL5 64 bit upgrade

2011-09-28 19:07:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW server RHEL4 32bit to RHEL5 64 bit upgrade
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:03:26 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] NW server RHEL4 32bit to RHEL5 64 bit upgrade,...:

The installation guide recommends deleting the media database and the
"client file index"...did you need to delete all of the indexes, or just
the index for the server itself? I'd love to be able to keep the other
indexes and not have to nsrck -L7 them all back into place.

I assumed that the guide meant *all* the client file indexes; there's not
going to be anything that's specific to the server's CFI relating to ABI.
If the 32 bit -> 64 bit conversion affects any of the CFIs, it affects all
of them.

So far I've only done this conversion on our small NetWorker server, it
will be a little more painful when I have to do it for our main NetWorker
server.

Tim
edu