Networker

[Networker] Exchange 2003 Public Folder restore

2009-09-09 17:29:52
Subject: [Networker] Exchange 2003 Public Folder restore
From: brerrabbit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:25:39 -0400
Greetings -

We've been asked to do a restore of a particular Public Folder from an Exchange
2003 environment.

We use the Networker Module for Exchange version 5.1. Our Networker server is
version 7.4.4. The syntax for the Exchange backup saveset is MSEXCH:IS.  The
backups are error free.

The rub is that I need to only restore a particular folder. I don't mind having
to restore the whole thing, but it appears that you cannot use a Recovery
Storage Group - bottom of page 74 of the Exchange Module Admin guide says

" The RSG can contain only mailbox databases. Public folder databases are
unsupported."

So, any guidance on how I can restore the data without overwriting the existing
PFs?  We rarely get restore requests for our Exchange environment, so there's a
considerable amount of rust on this for me.

I've opened a ticket but I'm getting a) slow response and b) slightly confusing
answers.

Thanks in advance!
-brerrabbit