Networker

Re: [Networker] Migration

2009-09-03 19:37:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migration
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 18:32:56 -0500
Claude,
  If you're doing a straight migration, in my experience, from the same
platform Windows 2 Windows, Solaris 2 Solaris, etc...  Then stop NetWorker,
copy /nsr (Make sure you don't harm your old data for a rollback), start
NetWorker, delete all your Jukebox and Device info... (yes its a pain to
remove them from your media pools), add them in.

  If you're going to do a NetWorker upgrade during this move, make sure you
put in the upgrade enabler BEFORE shutting down the old environment.  If
you're licenses I highly recommend going to 7.5.1, seems pretty good to me
so far in terms of new features.

  Hope that helps.

Alec