Networker

Re: [Networker] multihomed windows client backup problems, v7.4

2008-11-07 09:57:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] multihomed windows client backup problems, v7.4
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 08:56:27 -0600
Hello,
Thanks, Depending on Networker version, check Global 1 of 2 on the client
instance from networker server, where you can specify server network
interface, this may help.
It appears that you may need to look into routing on your client system ,
whereby you can specify a specific interface to be used when communicating
with networker server, this could be part of  network config , eqvalent of
adding static route ( method may vary depending on OS), if the step above
still fails.
HTH

gharma <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
11/07/2008 08:49 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
multihomed windows client backup problems, v7.4

Hi Fazil,
Thanks for the reply.
There are no stale/irrelevant DNS entries.
It is just that the backup server appears to use reverse DNS resolution to
find the name for the IP on the interface it is not supposed to use.
As I do not run the backup server, I am uncertain what you mean by

> Have you tried using interface setting for the client in question on the
backup server ?

but as mentioned the save command is using the -c switch to provide the
full DNS name of the correct interface to use.
Roger

|This was sent by abell AT asu DOT edu via Backup Central.

type