Networker

[Networker] multihomed windows client backup problems, v7.4

2008-11-07 13:30:26
Subject: [Networker] multihomed windows client backup problems, v7.4
From: gharma <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:27:14 -0500
Thanks again for reply Fazil.

The backup server has only two interfaces, on disjoint networks, and as it is
communicating correctly (most of the time, and when not it is on the same
interface it would use if correct) the person running the backup server and
myself felt that specifying that would be a long shot.

Interesting that you mentioned putting in a route statement on the server (the
backup client) as that is exactly what I did earlier today (after a special
early morning trip in to reboot to box so backups would start working again).
That seems like a long shot also however, since this server cannot communicate
with the backup server except on the correct interface; but what the heck, on
the theory that at some point it tries the incorrect interface and from then on
stuffs the wrong IP into some backup client generated data that does make it to
the backup server in packets using the correct IP/interface, and that perhaps
the static route will force Windows to never try the other and so never letting
the backup client get the wrong IP to stuff into that data.  (Another couple
months wait now.)

Any ideas why use of   "save -c <correct fqdn>" in the backup definition is not
doing as advertised ??

Regards,
Roger