Networker

[Networker] multihomed windows client backup problems, v7.4

2008-11-07 09:50:41
Subject: [Networker] multihomed windows client backup problems, v7.4
From: gharma <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 09:49:45 -0500
Hi Fazil,
Thanks for the reply.
There are no stale/irrelevant DNS entries.
It is just that the backup server appears to use reverse DNS resolution to find
the name for the IP on the interface it is not supposed to use.
As I do not run the backup server, I am uncertain what you mean by

> Have you tried using interface setting for the client in question on the
> backup server ?

but as mentioned the save command is using the -c switch to provide the full
DNS name of the correct interface to use.
Roger